FAO Quotables

"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist."
-Anne Applebaum

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

FUUO will be MIA for a bit but here are some book recommendations

FUUO will be MIA for a bit...I've been swamped at work and now I am off for about 5 days for my ten year reunion at USNA.  


In the meantime, I can recommend Naguib Mahfouz's Palace Walk.  I finished it last week and it was a great read, especially in light of Egypt's recent revolution.  Completely apart from Africa I also just finished Hunger Games (in a day and half)!  It was awesome!  Oh and the week before that I read Whiteman by Tony Dsouza which I will be writing a review for.   


This week I start the next in the Cairo trilogy series: Palace of Desire.  


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment