FAO Quotables

"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist."
-Anne Applebaum

Monday, October 18, 2010

FUUO is back!

This past week I attended the 1st Maritime Safety and Security Conference Towards Economic Prosperity Conference in Stuttgart, Germany.   It was put together by the State Department and OSD (Office of the Secretary of Defense) and hosted by AFRICOM. 
   I didn't have computer internet access there so I was unable to update this forum.  Rest assured that I will be making up for it this week as I pore through my notes to attempt to form some cogent thoughts on the conference. 
   For those who can't wait, AFRICOM has some good pictures and media blips on their website: http://www.africom.mil/

No comments:

Post a Comment