FAO Quotables

"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist."
-Anne Applebaum

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pentagon "Truthisms" #1

 First off, my entries are a bit light this week since I am a 'note-recorder' for this conference this week and don't have much access to my computer.

This is the first in a new category of entries.  Pentagon Truthisms:

#1 If you bend your knees when you swipe your access card it's much more likely to work.

At first I thought people were just bending their knees because their neck loop that hold the access card wouldn't reach the swipe bad if they didn't lean over, but once I started paying attention I noticed that 'everyone' does this, even those who don't use the typical neck loop. 
    Other variations of the knee bend include the 'swipe and step' wherein if you step immediately toward the door without seeing if you got the green access light it's more likely to work.

Question:
What's the most number of times you've had to swipe your card to get the green light?  I think my record was about 16 times.

FUUO's Pentagonisms:


No comments:

Post a Comment