FAO Quotables

"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist."
-Anne Applebaum

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

THE podcast to listen to everyday!

I have RSS feeds set up for Africa, Foreign Area Officers and a few select blogs that I read during the day on Google Reader.  If you aren't already doing this I recommend it.  It allows me to digest 'the continent' in a reasonable, digestable manner.  I'd be happy to help you set it up.

However, what I listen to every morning on the way to work are the daily podcasts available on the following website (or more easily on ITUNES).  There's a new one up everyday and it's about 15 minutes and you hear the news from correspondents reporting from the African nation where the news is occurring. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/africa

No comments:

Post a Comment