FAO Quotables

"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist."
-Anne Applebaum

Monday, June 13, 2011

FUUO Endorses LINKEDIN's "Signals" Feature

The "Signals" feature available under the "News" tab on Linkedin.com is a great one!  This allows you to read the posts/blogs/updates/thoughts of your 1st tier (direct), 2nd and 3rd tier (friends of friends etc.) in an organized manner.  You can also filter across different groups, schools, locations etc.   My favorite though is the ability to search (and keep the search saved) for key words.  I have "Africa" (obvi) for one my searches and I just click that after I login everyday and I can quickly skim what all of my connections (and beyond) are saying about Africa.  This is a great way to gain perspective on the 'business' side of the continent. 

LINKS:

http://linkedintobusiness.com/2011/02/linkedin-signal-available-to-all/

No comments:

Post a Comment