FAO Quotables

"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist."
-Anne Applebaum

Friday, December 17, 2010

New Africa FAO

So it's been a long journey and numerous lateral transfer applications but I finally made it and was selected to the FAO community this week!  I also found out today that I will be an AFRICOM FAO.  The upside of this is that I will only have to make minimal changes to this blog.  Perhaps most importantly, I can now add gravitas to my comments, opinions and prognostications by prefacing everything I say and write with : "As an AFRICOM FAO" (joking).

I would also like to congratulate the other 14 officers selected to the community.  

For those out there seeking to transfer to the FAO community please don't hesitate to contact me at jackfaokruse@gmail.com (I created this address a bit tongue in check a long time ago, as part of a 'if you build it, they will come' self actualization drill) as I can walk you through the process and ensure you have all the information you need.   

No comments:

Post a Comment