FAO Quotables

"But being right, even morally right, isn't everything. It is also important to be competent, to be consistent, and to be knowledgeable. It's important for your soldiers and diplomats to speak the language of the people you want to influence. It's important to understand the ethnic and tribal divisions of the place you hope to assist."
-Anne Applebaum

Friday, July 1, 2011

China's meeting with Africa Documentary--Screening here in DC?

Check out the article below (linked) and the trailer on this documentary! 
(I came across it in ACSS's excellent daily media review)
It certainly looks to be an interesting one.  When it comes to China in Africa, I am implanted firmly in the 'learn' mode so you won't see any incisive analysis from me.  For that you must check out (as I have said many a time before) Deb Brautigam's and Amb. Shinn's blogs:
I look forward to hearing their thoughts, when and if they screen the film!


Incidentally, I have submitted a request to the company to allow me to screen the film here in DC for anyone interested!
Few countries capture the essence of the China-Africa relationship better than Zambia. Our film tells the story of the two countries in microcosm.

1 comment: